Job Descriptions and Requirements
- The Cardiology Department provides diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases in adult patients 18 years of age and older.
- Non-invasive studies include EKG, ECHO, ABI studies, carotid Doppler scan, venous studies and stress ECHO if equipment is available.
- Make arrangements with local vendors for plants to decorate the venue. Arrange plants throughout; including registration, clinic and stage areas. Decorate tables with small welcoming arrangements and appropriate coverings.
- Your Best Pathway to Health Laboratory provides high quality laboratory services to aid healthcare providers in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. We offer a variety of routine and esoteric diagnostic testing. The contribution of the laboratory staff to the patient care at Your Best Pathway to Health is based on compassion, reliability, and professional excellence.
- Must be able to obtain/collect blood of sufficient quantity and quality from adult and pediatric patients, utilizing proper phlebotomy and identification techniques including venipuncture or finger sticks.
- Utilizes universal precautions and knowledge of more restrictive isolation procedures when procuring, transporting and processing specimens to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Utilizes good customer/patient relations, communications skill with a great altruistic spirit.
*Must be Phleb/ASCP certified.
Clinical/Medical Laboratory Scientist (CLS/MLS)
Medical Technologist (MT) / Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT):
- Must be able to perform phlebotomy and run analyzer.
- Must be ASCP Certified and state licensed.
Pathway to Health music participation opportunities include:
Daytime singing and instrumental groups.
- These groups present uplifting music to patients as they wait in line to be seen in the clinic and are scheduled throughout the day as need and availability allow. All vocal music selections should be sacred or gospel songs.
- Piano accompaniment is not available and no guitars or sound tracks are permitted. Classical, sacred, or gospel-style music is acceptable for instrumental groups such as string quartets or bell choirs.
Evening and weekend musicians.
- Sometimes daytime musicians are utilized to present special music for the evening or weekend meeting music slots. In addition, song leaders, pianists, and soloists are utilized.
- Mental Health sees and treats patients with depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder, addiction disorders, prescription medicine addictions, bipolar disorder, relationship problems, marital problems, and suicidal thoughts. Every patient may receive a sophisticated mental health evaluation (Depression and Anxiety Assessment Test or DAAT) that determines rates of depression, anxiety, emotional intelligence, and underlying reversible (and irreversible) causes of mental health issues and can received an individualized plan designed by the mental health care provider for improved mental and emotional health. Mental health is not equipped at this time to see patients with acute psychosis, acute mania, or imminent suicidal intent with a plan. Patients that fit this category will be sent to a local emergency room or psychiatric hospital.
- The Department of Pharmacy functions to dispense prescription medications from a designed formulary prescribed by authorized prescribers for the patients they see during a Pathway event.
- We treat all conditions that deal with the foot and ankle; including nail fungus, infected, ingrown toenails, diabetic evaluations and ulcerations. We can advise on the need of surgical consultation for bunions, hammertoes or flatfoot deformities. We have the capability to evaluate and treat acute or sub acute fractures and or strains/sprains of the foot and ankle.
Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech):
- Must have active ARRT license in Diagnostic Radiology. State licensure application in the state you plan to volunteer in may be required upon application.
- The Rad Tech will be working with Digital portable imaging equipment and will be performing many different types of exams to include; extremities, weight bearing knees, feet, pelvis, abdomen, chest, spine.
- The technologist will need to be able/willing to improvise based on the challenging work environment and work harder than they ever have in their careers.
Ultrasound Technologist (US Tech):
- Must have certification by ARDMS. No state licensure is required for Ultrasound.
- The US Tech will work with various different types and vendors. They can expect to perform ALL types of US exams with the exception of endo vag, to include abdominal, vascular, pelvic, scrotal, breast, and some extremity work.
- Greeting patients and documenting their arrival and requested exam on modality log sheets. Keep track of who is next in line and show where to wait. Receptionists are needed in both General Xray and Ultrasound.
- The only particular skill required for this is good organization and communication skills. Bilingual or multilingual is always a plus.
- Patient Registration is the first line of contact Your Best Pathway to Health has with patients. Volunteers are responsible for greeting the patients, overseeing the flow into the venue, and helping patients complete the initial paperwork of the medical record. This department also works with data entry to co-ordinate the final filing and scanning required for future access to medical record information.
“Let many now ask, ‘Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?’” CME, p. 16.1