JOB DESCRIPTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- The Cardiology Department provides diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases in adult patients 18 years of age and older.
- Non-invasive studies include EKG, ECHO, ABI studies, carotid Doppler scan, venous studies and stress ECHO if equipment is available.
- Asset Management: The asset management team works throughout the day to import images and video clips to a centralized database as they come from photographer and videographers. The team also ensures that the assets are available to the social media for continuous posting.
- Audio-Visual: The AV team assists the AV vendor with setup and teardown of the evening program room. Team members also set up and monitor smaller AV systems on the clinic floor used for food demonstrations, live music, etc.
- Media Relations: The media relations team interfaces with multiple local and national radio, television, newspaper and web news outlets covering the mega clinics. Duties include creating and disseminating updated releases, serving as onsite liaisons to reporters and their crew and collecting all news stories after they have run.
- Photography: Photographers work on a team to capture as many event elements as possible. Photographers work to transfer images to a central database at various times throughout the day, ensuring that images and captions are available for the social media team throughout the event for the writing team toward the end of the event.
- Social Media: The social media team creates content for various social media outlets. Content includes written posts, mini-stories, live and post-produced video content, and photography.
- Story-gathering: Story gatherers spend time among Pathway to Health volunteers and patients, talking to as many as possible in search of compelling and memorable stories. They work with writing, photography, videography and social media teams to capture and distribute the most compelling stories.
- Videography: Members of this team work in smaller teams to create various short videos for social media distribution, to create B-roll video for external media outlets, and to produce the official review video.
- Writing: Writers work in teams to create content about Pathway to Health, including social media short content, magazine long-form content, memorable quotes, short stories about patients and volunteers, etc.
- Make arrangements with local vendors for plants to decorate the venue. Arrange plants throughout; including registration, clinic and stage areas. Decorate tables with small welcoming arrangements and appropriate coverings.
- Your Best Pathway to Health Laboratory provides high quality laboratory services to aid healthcare providers in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. We offer a variety of routine and esoteric diagnostic testing. The contribution of the laboratory staff to the patient care at Your Best Pathway to Health is based on compassion, reliability, and professional excellence.
- Must be able to obtain/collect blood of sufficient quantity and quality from adult and pediatric patients, utilizing proper phlebotomy and identification techniques including venipuncture or finger sticks.
- Utilizes universal precautions and knowledge of more restrictive isolation procedures when procuring, transporting and processing specimens to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Utilizes good customer/patient relations, communications skill with a great altruistic spirit.
*Must be Phleb/ASCP certified in some states.
CLINICAL/MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST (CLS/MLS)
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (MT) / MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (MLT)
- Must be able to perform phlebotomy and run analyzer.
- Must be ASCP Certified and state licensed.
- Mental Health sees and treats patients with depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder, addiction disorders, prescription medicine addictions, bipolar disorder, relationship problems, marital problems, and suicidal thoughts. Every patient may receive a sophisticated mental health evaluation (Depression and Anxiety Assessment Test or DAAT) that determines rates of depression, anxiety, emotional intelligence, and underlying reversible (and irreversible) causes of mental health issues and can received an individualized plan designed by the mental health care provider for improved mental and emotional health. Mental health is not equipped at this time to see patients with acute psychosis, acute mania, or imminent suicidal intent with a plan. Patients that fit this category will be sent to a local emergency room or psychiatric hospital.
Pathway to Health music participation opportunities include:
Daytime singing and instrumental groups.
- These groups present uplifting music to patients as they wait in line to be seen in the clinic and are scheduled throughout the day as need and availability allow. All vocal music selections should be sacred or gospel songs.
- Piano accompaniment is not available and no guitars or sound tracks are permitted. Classical, sacred, or gospel-style music is acceptable for instrumental groups such as string quartets or bell choirs.
Evening and weekend musicians.
- Sometimes daytime musicians are utilized to present special music for the evening or weekend meeting music slots. In addition, song leaders, pianists, and soloists are utilized.
- The Department of Pharmacy functions to dispense prescription medications from a designed formulary prescribed by authorized prescribers for the patients they see during a Pathway event.
- We treat all conditions that deal with the foot and ankle; including nail fungus, infected, ingrown toenails, diabetic evaluations and ulcerations. We can advise on the need of surgical consultation for bunions, hammertoes or flatfoot deformities. We have the capability to evaluate and treat acute or sub acute fractures and or strains/sprains of the foot and ankle.
Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech)
- Must have active ARRT license in Diagnostic Radiology in the US. State licensure applications in the state/s you will volunteer may be required upon application.
- The rad techs will be working with Digital portable imaging equipment and will be performing many different types of exams to include extremities, weight bearing knees, feet, pelvis, abdomen, chest, spine.
- The technologist will need to be able/willing to improvise based on the challenging work environment and work harder than they ever have in their careers.
Ultrasound Technologist (US Tech)
- Must have certification by ARDMS. No state licensure is required for Ultrasound.
- The US Tech will work with various different types and vendors. They can expect to perform ALL types of US exams with the exception of endo vag, to include abdominal, vascular, pelvic, scrotal, breast, and some extremity work.
- Greeting patients and documenting their arrival and requested exam on modality log sheets. Keep track of who is next in line and show where to wait. Receptionists are needed in both General Xray and Ultrasound.
- The only particular skill required for this is good organization and communication skills. Bilingual or multilingual is always a plus.
- Patient Registration is the first line of contact Your Best Pathway to Health has with patients. Volunteers are responsible for greeting the patients, overseeing the flow into the venue, and helping patients complete the initial paperwork of the medical record. This department also works with data entry to co-ordinate the final filing and scanning required for future access to medical record information.
- The Triage Department is where the patient health assessment is reviewed, vital signs, blood sugar are obtained and department selections are made. Volunteers in this department are required to be licensed volunteers in the state the event is being held. (MD, DO, PA, NP, CRNA, RN, LVN, Paramedic or EMT) or students currently enrolled in one of these programs with approval.
- Volunteers who greet the patients as they enter the Triage area and obtain and record the patients weight and temperature. Volunteers in this area do not need to be licensed.
“Let many now ask, ‘Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?’” CME, p. 16.1